Sunday 2 July 2017

Little Boodge - David Hockney Calendar



With David Hockey's 80th birthday coming up soon, or so I read in the paper, there will be special events taking place in Lister Park, Bradford, West Yorkshire, the city where David Hockney was born. A new Hockney Gallery has opened in Cartwright Hall in the middle of Lister Park, to mark the event.

However there has been a Hockney Gallery in Salt's Mill, Saltaire, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which is literally only a few miles from Lister Park, for over 20 years.

Last December 2016, when I visited the Salt's Gallery, one of the assistants suggested I might like to buy this 1995 David Hockney calendar where the days are the same as the ones in 2017. Because it featured Hockney's dog 'Little Boodge' which he got in 1993, I purchased a copy of the calendar which is shown here. I don't use it though. It would seem weird putting up a 1995 calendar in 2017.