Tuesday 9 April 2019

Synchronised And According To Pete Immortalised Forever In Needle Felt.


On the left is Synchronised, on the right is former Yorkshire horse According To Pete, whose father was called Accordion.

Both horses lost their lives in the April 2012 Grand National Race. I remember being drawn to photographing the race on the computer which was really weird as I had never done this before. I saw both Synchronised and According To Pete being led round the paddock. Synchronised had a bit of a premonition or something because he tried to bolt before the race started. I have pictures of this actually happening.

According To Pete was nowhere near as popular as Synchronised who was a favourite, but he was a dark bay Yorkshire horse who had won a Boxing Day 2011 race.

I tuned in to the spirits of these horses for several years after as I work with animal spirit guides and received a warning from According To Pete. I saw a horse standing in the living room wearing a red cloth with a number four on it. This was not the number According To Pete ran under in the Grand National of 2012, but I later found he ran under the number four when he won his race on Boxing Day in 2011, so it was him that I saw.

He was warning me because a few days later I fell down the steep embankment outside my home and broke my ribs.

In 2016 I had Synchronised and According to Pete made for me in needle felt. I also have spirit vessels of the horses, as well as the spirit vessel of an American Horse called Hill Prince.

My great grandfather worked with horses all his life. He was a coachman and stud groom and I had his old horse chest for many years which used to hold horse liniments etc.