Sunday 2 September 2018

The Extra Sensory Perception Pippins Look In To The Omega Factor


We just finished watching the 1979 series of The Omega Factor 10 days ago. The series obviously looks dated in parts and there are a few things in it that are not quite publically correct these days.
However, it is still quite frightening in parts and at the time a lobby group did their level best to ensure a further series was not made for TV. There is one episode which caused masses of concern and it could indeed be where some later writer(s) got the idea for the 'Insidious' films.

Personally I was not that keen on the 'Insidious' films, though I agree there can be all sorts of strange people in the astral realms. I am a keen fan of Victorian and Edwardian ghost stories and gave my entire collection of Wordsworth Classics on this subject to a charity shop a few years ago as I had no room for them. Charity shops usually benefit from books I have no space for - they have received lots of my occult books - including some I thought looked good and then when I got the book(s) home I realised they were not what they were cracked up to be. If they go to charity at least someone benefits from them.

The Omega Factor plot could happen, if it is not happening already. There were a few radio series produced recently that followed on with the Omega Factor story. I have not heard them but I doubt they will be as good as the original.

The Pippins were practising extra sensory perception - (ESP) at the time this photo was taken.They were thinking about joining Omega.