Sunday 29 April 2018

The Troika Pottery Wheel Vase, The Pippins And The St Ives Painting


I bought this painting of a beach at St Ives, a few weeks ago. I have had the Troika Pottery wheel vase for a few years - it reminds me of the Egyptian pyramids, that is why I bought it - well, that and the fact it came from Troika's earlier St Ives pottery as is marked on the bottom. I collect weird bits and pieces from that particular seaside town and may feature more of them. In later years the Troika Pottery outfit moved to Newlyn and I once saw an auction where a lot of their undecorated vasesd came up for grabs. Troika pottery was very popular indeed at one time and still is amongst certain folk because of its unusual styles.
The painting drew me to it, because when I lived at home we used to have a number of black cats in succession - one was a half Persian, half Siamese black cat with china blue eyes. The cats always were given the same name -  Puss-Puss too - for some reason.