Tuesday 21 March 2017

Ghostly Poldark Mine And The Spectral Book


Round about 2009 - I bought an extremely interested book about Haunted Britain. it is divided in to sections and each section features different areas of the country. The Cornwall section features the Poldark Mine which was of course re-named and has been a tourist attraction. It is apparently Britain's deepest mine, according to the book.

I have a particular favourite photo in the book which I will probably use at another time. However it has nothing to do with Cornwall and actually features a place in Brighton. I was constantly drawn to a particular photo which caused me to research the family in the photo out of curiosity, but I will use that particular incident as a different post as it also features a little dog which is what drew me to the Brighton photo originally.

Something else happened when I read the book - which is a large one with expressive photos and drawings.I kept smelling flowers and floral scents as well as pipe tobacco and other things. It felt like the ghosts from some of the places were coming through the book - either that or I was picking up on them - so I put it away and only get the book out very occasionally now.